Shadertoy is the first application to allow developers all over the globe to push pixels from code to screen using WebGL since 2009.
This website is the natural evolution of that original idea. On one hand, it has been rebuilt in order to provide the computer graphics developers and hobbyists with a great platform to prototype, experiment, teach, learn, inspire and share their creations with the community. On the other, the expressiveness of the shaders has arisen by allowing different types of inputs such as video, webcam or sound.
When to Use Shadertoy
- Are you going to rock Siggraph with your new awesome filtering perfect noise implementation? You probably want to share it on Shadertoy.
- Are you learning and want to modify the shader of a game developer? Shadertoy is where you'll find it.
- Did you improvise a weird raymarched tunnel? Show it to us!
- Do you need inspiration to start your Monday morning in the office? Visit us!
- Do you want an opinion on how to optimize a postprocessing filter? Ask on Shadertoy!
- Live coding and JIT compilation of shader code.
- A strong community of shader developers.
- Open discussion by means of comment and likes.
- Shader inputs: videos, webcam, audio, textures, time of the day, and mouse position.
- Full screen shader viewing.
- Editor with syntax highlighting.
- Store and publish your best shaders.
Shadertoy is based and designed for WebGL-capable browsers. The following web browsers are capable of running WebGL to different degrees of efficiency and stability:
- Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome
- Microsoft Edge: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/microsoft-edge
- Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/safari
Beautypi: Inigo Quilez and Pol Jeremias.
Very special thanks to Reinder Nijhoff, Patrick Labatut, Henrique Lorenzi, Otavio Good, Philip Wagner, Yanling He, Juan A. Martinez (stage7), Mari Miyashita, Nikochan, Sara Goepfert, Jose Manuel Perez (JosSs), Teresa, Sara (Gizma), Brett (AudEo Flow), Dave Hoskins, Osama Mahmood, Joan Perez, Kamran Saifullah, Chintu Solanki, Eduardo (@deb_security).
We'd like to thank all these wonderful people for their support via Patreon:
otavio good, carl frederick boncy, VirtualDJ, Gary Shane Warne, Johan Andersson, Clintolibre, John Carmack, ikrima, Ibrahim AlRomaizan, Maxwell Planck, Reinder Nijhoff, Adam Farkas, Andrew Cherry, Helen Allien Poe, Gwenn Aubert, Aras Pranckevicius, Max R.R. Collada, Christopher Bartlett, Steven Sell, Dario Seyb, Kirill Osipov, Anton Roy, Merlyn Morgan-Graham, Katelyn Gadd, Michael Tedder, Ragnar Svensson, Chris Sorrell, Nicholas Gubbins, Ben Korbel, Zachary Pudil, Simon Bodeus, Doug Richardson, Johnny Cochrane, Adnan Yunus, Dave Hoskins, Corrado Vaccari, Filippo Macchiettini, Brenton Milne, Atsushi Hashimoto, Gerrit Wessendorf, Rob Sloan, Henry Segerman, radu milici, Jaewon Jung, Anthony LaMantia, Spencer Alves, Greg Rostami, Admiral Potato, Károly Balogh, Paulo Falcão, makai, Brandon Sean Fogerty, David Cañadas Mazo, Thomas Hooper, Brandon, Cort Stratton, Alex Kerfoot, Steve Halliwell, Mark Flider, Rui Gil, Jaroslav Stehlik, John Hergenroeder.